Article 21.1 of the Articles of Associations of the Entity red.es establishes the following as ONTSI's Duties:
- Prepare studies and monitor the policies developed by the Administration in the field of telecommunications and the information society, in addition to the evolution thereof, for the purpose of improving and extending their reference framework.
- Prepare reports and raise proposals in the different spheres that affect the feasibility and development of telecommunications and the information society in Spain.
- Create and develop management tools to overcome limitations and increase the efficiency of telecommunications and the information society and enable generalised access to these by the Population.
- Assess the development and evolution of telecommunications and the information society within the business world, particularly in SMEs, and prepare an annual report on these, for which the necessary statistical information shall be provided.
- Prepare telecommunications and information society development indicators and, in general, analyse the telecommunications and information society metric in Spain.
- Monitor the development of telecommunications and the information society and analyse the main global initiatives.
- Any other attributed duties related to the foregoing.