The Annual Report of Digital Content in Spain 2011 presents the main data of the Spanish Digital Content industry, relevant data on citizen consumption habits and trends of the different sectors of this industry. Some of the main results of the report are:
- The digital content industry had a turnover of €9,125 million in 2010, 14.1% more than the previous year.
- Turnover from software and videogame sales reached €631 million, at a level similar to that of 2009 (ADESE, 2011).
- Digital music experienced a rise of 10% in turnover, reaching €192 million.
- Cinema, Video and TV Programme Activities exceeded €2,571 million, with an increase of 5.1% on 2009.
- The audiovisual sector consolidated as the driver of the digital industry in Spain, accounting for 44% of the total turnover in 2010.
- Digital book and press publishing totalled €780 million, 6.3% more than in 2009.
- Advertising investment on digital media amounted to €799 million in 2010 (IAB, 2011).
- 91.5% of the Spanish population consumed digital content on the Internet or via an electronic device that is not connected to the Net.
- Annual Report on Digital Content in Spain 2011